Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Father the Hero!

As it being Father's Day today, I thought I'd take a minute and talk about one of the most entertaining people I know...my DAD! 

                                          


My sisters and I are so lucky to have the dad we had growing up--he was always there for the 3 hour assembly of the Barbie Dream House on Christmas morning, he made sure our quads had enough gas so we could ride  until we were red in the face from windburn, and, like most dads, our full time chaffer. He was the dad who wore the hot pink, puffy painted T-shirt on vacation {not to mention getting his hair braided in the Bahamas} just so he could match his daughters!  He definitely went above and beyond the typical "dad" stereotype.

Mom and Dad's Old Time Photo obsession begins...
...and continues post children {circa 1990}

However, as we got older he became much more than that.  He was someone you could gain advice from and really talk to about things. He was our "go to" source for anything house or car related {he is the guy I thank for the, "Measure twice, cut ONCE" expression}.  He was always, and still is, the center of attention and life of the party--which is where I like to think I got my fun genes from. :)  Everyone knows Steve Perchinsky and always has a smile on their face when they say they do.  Within 5 minutes of meeting him you'll want to plan your next get together (my UPS guy still asks about him after meeting him once two months ago)....

Laughter tends to follow him...
 My dad seems to have Benjamin Button syndrome, as it seems he is getting younger every year.  He just celebrated his 60th birthday, but doesn't act a day over 35. Even if he is over 500 miles away, he is always there whenever I need him.  Thank you Dad for teaching me more about life than you could possibly know.  I love you with all my heart and can't thank you enough for all you've done for me in the past 27 years.  Walt Disney said, "Adults are just kids grown up!" I'm pretty sure he had you in mind when he said it. 

No caption needed...

Sometimes it takes a day like today to really think about how lucky we are to have certain people in our lives.  I don't need Father's Day to know I have an awesome dad.  I simply need to wake up, look around at all my life decisions, and be thankful I had someone in my life who cared enough to teach me.

                              

Happy Father's Day, Dad for the past 9,855 days. I couldn't imagine having a better dude in my life. I love you! xoxo








0 comments:

Post a Comment